Here is a list of some commonly asked questions. If you don’t see your question here please contact us and we would be happy to help.
1. How long does it take to complete an order?
It takes us approximately 4-6 weeks to get an order ready to ship. If you need help with the design that is additional time and usually takes about a week or so. Orders with less than 10 business days notice may be subject to a 20% rush charge.
2. What kind of materials are used?
We use two main type of materials for our buckle blanks; nickel and sterling silver. Accent metals can be nickel, bronze, copper, sterling silver, gold, red gold, and green gold. We do not use plated materials so the gold or silver will never “wear off”
3. What is the difference between nickel and sterling silver?
Nickel is not as bright as silver and not as sparkly. Sterling silver is also more expensive than nickel. There is no difference in terms of quality or longevity the main difference is in the aging process. Sterling silver will oxide to a nice dark brown black finish where as nickel turns a green brown color. All our buckles can be cleaned to prevent this process and we do lacquer all our nickel product to prevent/slow down this reaction.
4. What sizes are available?
We have three standard sizes;
- 2.5″ x 3.5″ (average kids or ladies buckle)
- 3″ x 4″ (average adult size buckle)
- 3.5″ x 4.5″ (rodeo or trophy size buckle)
We can also create custom sizes and shapes to fit your needs.
5. How do you ship your product?
We use two shipping methods; Canadapost xpresspost and Purolator